Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Where is My Notebook When I Need It?


I had someone ask me the other day how I come up with things to write about everyday.  Sometimes it's hard, but not for a lack of ideas.  There are days I sit down to write and my mind goes blank.  Yesterday I had a million ideas, where did they go?  Writing a blog everyday is a good discipline for me.  It is something I like to do and I have made it a part of my routine.

Where do my ideas come from?  Everywhere!  I was mowing the lawn today and thought of at least 20 new ideas.  When I got to the house, I could only remember about five.  Where is my notebook when I need it? I have a notebook on my desk, I guess I need one in my pocket!  The other night I woke up, bright eyed, with several ideas.  I stumbled around my room and found a pencil and scribbled the ideas on a piece of scratch paper.  Now, I have a notebook on my bed stand.

Ideas come from seeing things, hearing things and doing things.  One thing that has come from my writing is an improved sense of awareness.  I am always looking at things in a new and different way.  My blogs are helping me to be more aware of things that had gone unnoticed before. 

So if you wonder why I am writing about something, just realize I could have came up with the idea while pulling weeds or washing dishes. Nothing is safe from being listed in my notebook as an idea!  

I would encourage you all to start doing something you enjoy...whatever that thing is that you don't allow yourself time to do.  Carve out a little time, the rewards will bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner