Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Diary of a City Mom - Part 3 - "Do You Like My Hat?"




High fashion in Hollywood? No, just fashion at Girls State in Claremont!  As a "City Mom"  I was presented with this lovely oversized version of my girl's hats.  It is tradition that all of the city moms get their hats presented at dinner in front of  all 500 girls...there were some things I definitely didn't know before coming here :)

On a serious note, it is great!  Aside from being very tired, I am holding up well. The days are packed FULL!  This is an amazing program for young ladies to develop leadership, learn about government and make a lot of friends.

I love my "city" girls.  They are diverse and unique and a lot of fun with endless energy.  My daughter is here, but in a different "city"  I don't even see here and since they are strict with cell phone rules, I don't really get to talk to her.  I hear from her "city mom" Jane, she is doing just fine.

So, off to another session...I wonder what surprise I will get tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner