Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Can You Learn in One Day?

I am no longer a student in school.  I don't have homework or tests.  I do continue to learn though.  Everyday I learn more.  Yesterday I had a very full day.  When I got home last night I reflected on my day and thought about all of the things I learned in the day.

First thing in the morning, I tackled my morning routine of writing, laundry, dishes and breakfast. I learned and realized I am very blessed to have such a wonderful family to take care of. Looking back on those routine tasks, I thought, too often I don't recognize my blessings and look at these things from a positive perspective.

Next, I went to town to do an interview for a newspaper article.  I learned and realized how many volunteers we have in our community.  I knew this, but was reminded how fortunate we are to have so many people that give their time. 

I followed this interview with taking some photos for a story.  I learned and realized we have exceptional beauty in our community.  I went to a place I had never been and I have lived here since I was a teenager. I was reminded that I need to take the time to look around and appreciate the things around me every day. 

I had I to go pick up some things at the local hardware store.  There, I learned and realized we have a business community that cares.  They do their best to provide the services and items we need.  They contribute endlessly and we are lucky to have them. 

A lunchtime meeting showed me the value of people working together to help a common cause.  At the meeting I really did learn.  I learned about investments and financial strategies.  I also saw a committed group of people working hard to raise funds for our local school district. 

An evening meeting examined how we work to protect our resources.  I learned that we have valuable natural resources in our community.  We need to work to protect those.  

My day was capped off with a final meeting.  I learned we have dedicated individuals working with our students.  I learned a second chance is a good thing.  I learned we need to be willing to get involved. I learned I am very lucky to live in the community I live.

Take a look around, examine your day.  What did you learn today?

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner