Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Diary of a City Mom - Part 4 - "Hollywood?"


Am in Hollywood?  No.... but I am the "City Mom" for the Marshall Movie Stars! We are the City of Marshall in the County of Bidwell in the California Girls State of California.

We have 31 citizens, two counselors and a "City Mom". We are Marshall!  This is our city...our city of stars!

Yesterday was a fun day as the citizens continued to build their state.  We now have city government, and just voted for county government after a day of filing, campaigning and speeches.  There are parties established, Whig and Tory, and platforms and legislation is being discussed.

Today is the big day...filing for state office.

This process at Girls State takes the delegates through the process of true government.  They come with their own legislation and are ready to fight passionately for what they believe.  It is an amazing process to watch.  My city of Marshall has elected some great officials and more are ready to campaign.

As for me, what do I do...just be a mom.  I have 31 girls calling me Mama Val.  I provide snacks, encouragement and bed checks.  I listen to speeches, learn about these great young ladies and where they are from and don't get much sleep.  

Am I glad I am here? Definitely...I will catch up on my sleep later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner