Friday, June 17, 2011

It has Eggs, Milk and Flour...


Do any of you remember the Bill Cosby "Dad is great, gives us the chocolate cake...?" Every time I eat a piece of chocolate cake that jingle comes to mind.  In his comic routine, Cosby talks about how he gives the kids chocolate cake for breakfast.  He justifies it by saying it has eggs, milk and flour in it!  He proceeds to sing the "Dad is Great" song. This is one of my all time favorites from Bill Cosby.  If you haven't seen it, I am attaching a link below.  Here's a piece (not of cake!) to get your curiosity up...In tribute to dads as Father's Day approaches, how about a piece of Chocolate Cake (for breakfast!)

 "Can I have the chocolate cake?" And I said, "Chocolate cake, where?" She said, "Chocolate cake behind you." And I looked... and there was chocolate cake! The child wanted chocolate cake for breakfast! How ridiculous! And I said... and someone in my brain looked under chocolate cake and saw the ingredients: eggs! Eggs are in chocolate cake! And milk! Oh goody! And wheat! That's nutrition! "What do you want?" "Can I have some chocolate cake?" "Chocolate cake coming up."

"Now, you need something to drink with the chocolate cake, something breakfast... grapefruit juice!"  So I give the child a glass of grapefruit juice and chocolate cake --- nutrition. Eggs, milk, and wheat in the chocolate cake. And... I didn't have to cook. 

Then the other four came downstairs. And when they came downstairs...They saw the four-year-old eating chocolate cake. And they said, "Dad! Where did she get the chocolate cake?" And they went to the child and said, "How did you get chocolate cake?" She said, "Dad give me chocolate cake!" And they looked at me and said, "Father... could we have chocolate cake?" And their father said, "Chocolate cake coming up!!"  

Five children sat at breakfast and the morning music was playing  and they were eating chocolate cake and singing songs to me: "Dad is great! Give us the chocolate cake!" And we had a ball until... she came down... When she saw what the children were eating... 

I've always heard about people having a conniption, but I've never seen one. You don't want to see 'em! My wife's face... split! The skin and hair split and came off of her face so that there was nothing except the skull! And orange light came out of her hair and it lit all around! And fire shot from her eye sockets and began to burn my stomach! And she said, "Where did they get chocolate cake from?!?" And I said, "They asked for it!!" And the children, who had been singing praises to me, lied on me, and said, "Uh-uhh!! We asked for eggs and milk, and Dad made us eat this!!!" 





No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner