Monday, September 12, 2011

I Am So Proud of My Nana!


I have spent the best morning getting some work done on the computer.  Sitting across from me at the table is my nana...using her computer.  

Nana is 89 years old and has a very nice laptop computer.  She has had it for a short time and is having a lot of fun learning how to use it. Every so often, she asks me a question about how to do something. I am so proud of her for diving straight in and learning!

She is staying with us for a while and wanted to send out a little update to her friends and family.  I was so impressed as I watched her send an email out detailing her visit.  

I know a lot of people that are very intimidated by computers.  It can be scary to move away from the pen and paper to an electronic keyboard.  The funny thing is, I remember when I was young, my nana taught me to use the electric typewriter.  We are now full circle.

The next projects on tap are setting her up with a file to start typing her recipes in.  I want to put together a cookbook with all of her recipes.  Next, our daughter is going to help her set up a Facebook...there are a lot of family and friends on there she wants to connect with.  

As for time away from the computer, we will be moving cows soon ans she is going along in the mule....she wants us to be sure to take a picture so she can put it on her Facebook! 

My nana has taught me a lot in life....the lesson she is teaching me now is to always keep learning!


Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.  ~Chinese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. Val I just love to hear you talk about all the things that you are going to do like make a cookbook with NaNa! You are so involved in all sorts of things, I find myself trying to figure out how you do all that you do in a 24hr period and then run the Ranch! You never cease to amaze me girl! Tell Nana Hi!! And to friend me on facebook!
    Love ya, Lori

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner