Friday, September 2, 2011

Through A Child's Eyes


I am late posting my blog today because I was busy watching some very special young children show their pigs at the local fair. It was early and it would have been just as easy to stay home, but boy am I glad I didn't. It was the most inspiring, fun and refreshing morning...looking at things through a child's eyes.

They were nervous, but they were excited.  They were hesitant, but yet couldn't wait to get started.  They had eyes open wide and a smile that only comes from a child.  They had worked hard to raise and prepare their animal for the fair.  Some were competitive, some just wanted to get out there in that ring and show their pig, no matter what the outcome.

For some the success was a ribbon, for others it was just making it to the show ring and back with their animal. For those of us watching, it was a treat no matter which way you looked at it.

My favorite is the young kids, showing for the first time.  They are so young and some are very small children.  We had a few special friends to watch today and they did great!  I walked away from the show ring with a smile on my face.  It just made me feel good watching these kids succeed at such a big project.  The thing that I really enjoyed was seeing the smiles and joy on the faces of these great kids.

Looking at the whole experience through the eyes of a child, there is a simpleness that as adults we often forget.  It is about the fun and the opportunity to participate. It is about enjoying every thing you do.  It is about going for an ice cream after you are done showing your animal....it is about remembering that sometimes we need to take a look through the eyes of a child. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner