Monday, September 26, 2011

What Kind of Traveler Are You?


Quiet, talkative, over packed, fast, slow, nice, rude...what kind of traveler are you? What kind of travelers do you observe?  Over the last few years we have had a lot of opportunity to travel.  Half of the fun is observing.

Over the last five days, we have been in four airports...Reno, Phoenix, Omaha and Salt Lake City.  Each one with a personality of it's own. There were three of us traveling, so I was usually the one sitting by myself next to someone I didn't know.

I try to be friendly.  I have only run across a few people that have sat next to me that share that sentiment.  I figure, why not visit a little?  It makes the situation more comfortable.  I have sat next to people that put on a sleep mask and put in ear plugs; people who look out the window the entire time; people who instantly go to sleep; and a few people that actually talk a bit.

So, what kind of traveler are you?

Instant Friend Irene...share details about your family, possibly show pictures, tell about your vacation and ask a lot of questions

Leave Me Alone Larry...You are the one who puts on your music, gets involved in a book, looks out the window or goes to sleep.

My Carry-On Will Too Fit Mary...How much can you fit in that roller bag anyway? It may have started out close to the required dimensions...before you filled it. You will continue to stuff, push, pull and tug to get it in the overhead....

Gate Check Gary...You don't want to pay the $25 bucks to check your bag, but you are more than willing to "gate check" your bag when they ask for volunteers. This way it's FREE and you don't have to deal with your bag.

Slow Poke Sally...You take your time, your connecting flight is two hours away. You are in no hurry to get off the plane...NOW you want to visit.

Fast Feet Freddy...You are in a hurry...your flight connects soon.  You move fast and everyone knows to get out our your way.  Sometimes this traveler doesn't need to be in a hurry, they just are.  They want to be the first in line, the first on the plane, the first off the plane and the first to baggage claim.

So, which are you?  The funny thing is...as I was writing this, I realized we are all one of these at one time or another, depending on our circumstances.  I really can fit in ANY one of these categories.  With that being recognized, I have respect and admiration for all travelers....whichever you are for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner