Thursday, September 1, 2011

NOW is the Time


Everyday we have thoughts of friends and loved ones.  People we haven't seen in a while, people going through illness or struggles, people we need to pray for and people we need to reach out to.

If you are anything like me, you are in the middle of something and think, "I need to call....I need to send an email or letter...I'll make sure I do that this weekend."  I am here to say "When you think it...do it!"

There have been times I have thought of calling my grandparents, friends or other family members and it doesn't happen until weeks later.  That is not okay to me anymore.  I have taken a new approach.

When someone is put in my thoughts, I know that God has done it for a reason.  I need to make every effort to call or contact that person that day.  It isn't so hard. When traveling, I have bluetooth in my car, so if I think about my grandma, I can call her right then.  Technology has made it easy to send off an email, text or quick phone call.

Life is short and there is not enough  time to put things off.  Now is the time.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Val,
    All week last week I have had a special Aunt on my mind whom I have been very close to all of my life. She never learned how to drive and her daughter lived in another city so I would always go and get her and take her to buy groceries and to the doctor, etc. I have kept thinking how important it is I call her. I'm afraid I've been neglect.since she moved to be near her daughter.
    I miss her thanks for reminding me and yes I think God does give us a nudge!
    Loved your article, love Lori :)

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner