Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Annual Picture



A Holiday Filled with Joy...Day 3

Put your best outfit on and meet me by the tree! No one ever seems as excited about this as I am!
They will appreciate it someday. I have a picture every year of my kids in front of the tree. In this particular picture it doesn't look as if my son is too enthused. 

This is one of our traditions, one that is important to me. When the kids were little, I had the privilege of selecting their outfits and combing their hair. Now, I am just the camera operator. 

Pictures are fun, they capture priceless memories. It is a lot of fun to see all of the pictures we get in the mail and what each family has chosen to put on their Christmas card. There are the traditional shots in front of the tree. There are the candid shots capturing a special moment and there are the portraits. We proudly display all of these photos on a swag around the door.

Do you ever find yourself looking at pictures on the mantle, fridge or wall when visiting friends? Pictures are a great conversation piece. 

Even though I get the look of..."Oh no mom, not another picture!" I still continue to take them, There is nothing better than looking back through these pictures and starting the "remember when" stories. 

So click away, the more pictures the merrier! Think of the Joy these photos will bring years down the road.


1 comment:

  1. As a grandparent, I can attest to the joy of looking through old family photos. You can never take too many!

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner