Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Christmas Angel


A Holiday Filled with Joy...Day 13

"Can I make her play music Nana?" She always let me. I would gently pick up the angel and turn the base. Then I would sit and watch her turn slowly an play Silent Night.

There was something about this Christmas decoration at my grandma's that fascinated me. I thought she was beautiful and I loved listening to the music. She was delicate and I had to be very careful not to drop her.

My grandma knew how much I loved this angel...she had to...I would go straight to her every time we visited. After I got married and had a family my grandma gave me the angel. It's hard to believe the music box still works after over 40 years. The carefully written price tag from the flower shop in Tracy, California remains on the bottom. It cost $5.75 all those years ago. To me it's priceless.

I can turn the music box on the angel and instantly a hundred memories come back.

Today is my Nana's birthday. Happy Birthday Nana. Thank you for giving me this gift that will always remind me of the joy of our family and the special memories of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner