Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Heroes


Grandpa Bill


Grandpa LeRoy

A Holiday Filled with Joy...Day 7

On this day of remembrance of Pearl Harbor, I want to remember my grandfathers who both served in WWII. I was blessed with these two special men in my life. They brought our family more joy than I can explain.

My grandpa Bill passed away almost 30 years ago when I was 16. I was a lucky girl, I had to opportunity to share many memories with him. Every time I was at his house, it was Christmas! He always brought me a surprise home from work. He worked for the telephone company and my favorite surprise was the colored wire that I would use to make bracelets. Then he would sit with me as long as I wanted and play "Go Fish" while we would have Pepsi and peanut butter and crackers.

Grandpa Leroy just left us this summer. When we were all young we could never figure out why grandpa always got an electrical service call right when Santa showed up. I was the oldest grandkid and the first to figure it out...boy did I think I was smart!

The holidays were so fun and family oriented because of these two special people. We were all taught the importance of loving, giving and caring for those around us. I thank them and I miss them. 

The joy they both shared with all of us will always remain. Love you grandpa Bill and grandpa LeRoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner