Saturday, December 31, 2011

I Resolve


I resolve....to NOT make a New Year's Resolution! Since I can't keep them, why make them? What I do intend on doing is simple...putting my best effort forth in several different areas. If I give it my best effort, that is what is important. 

I do want to be healthier. I do want to be more organized. I do want to spend more time with hobbies. I do want to do my Bible study everyday. I do want to be a nice, positive and encouraging person. I do want to laugh everyday and live life to it's fullest. I do want to spend quality time with family and friends. I do want to appreciate the many blessings I have in my life.

The thing is I don't need to resolve to do these things...I need to make these part of my life and who I am. The New Year is always a good reminder and a time to evaluate and prioritize, but we can do that anytime. 

Imagine we have a "reset button". If we fall off track on a diet or exercise plan, if things get rough, if we don't make time for our devotional, if we have a bad day...we don't need to stay on that path or wait until the next New Year...we can press the "reset button" and start over now no matter what the date is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner