Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Favorite Gift


A Holiday Filled with Joy...Day 22

The basketball and backboard I got in high school? The very large snowman the kids got me? The jacket that I am still using? The boots, gloves or slippers? They were all great presents and definitely favorites. What was my favorite gift of all time? Relationships.

Relationship...A particular type of connection existing between people related to or having dealings with each other. 

The many relationships I have been blessed with in my life are by far the biggest and best gifts. My husband and children...there are no words to describe. Without them, I can't imagine what life would be like. They fill my each day with joy and happiness. They fill my heart, mind and soul. They are true gifts.

My friends and family are relationships that complete my life. With these special people, I get to share sorrow and joy, laughter and tears and I know that they are always there. A true gift.

The ultimate gift...my favorite...is my relationship with Christ...as without this, I would have no other relationships. This relationship is what makes me who I am. This relationship is the center of my joy, my hope and my salvation. 

As we celebrate Christmas, I am reminded that the greatest gift of all time was the birth, death and Resurrection of Christ and through his grace I am given the gift of salvation.

My favorite gift has blessed me with many other gifts and a joy that lives inside no matter what the circumstances. 

"For by grace are you saved, through faith; and this not of your own, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast."  - Ephesians 2:8-9






No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner