Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dirty Dogs!


Blue!  Blazer!  What have you been doing?  "Nothing, why?  Do we look like we have been up to no good?  Does the look on my face say I have been into mischief?"

This is how the dogs came home the other day...Only if we could read their minds.  They get into some pretty big adventures and only they know what really went on.  Blue's (the yellow lab) face was kind of saying "yuck", while at the same time, "quit making me take a picture so I can get back to the fun."

They had mud caked from head to toe, which is expected on a ranch, but I had never seen them quite this dirty.  So this is what we think happened....

Down by the river was a cow that has a little bit of a temper.  While moving the yearlings out of the field that the cow was with, she got left behind and the dogs decided they were going to help.  Blue is a bird dog, not a cow dog.  This particular day, he thought he'd see if he could cross-over.  We think they were down where the soupy mud was and were trying to run the cow out.  I would have loved to see that!

They didn't succeed, but they did seem to have a little fun and proudly wore that mud around for the next day or two.

I just got a big chuckle out of looking at them...and oh how I wished I could read the minds of these two dirty dogs!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, it seems the dogs had more fun in the mud than anything else. Great pics of them. Thanks for sharing this and love to read your posts on GoodBlogs.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Barbara
    Español para Niños (Spanish for Kids)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are kind of like kids...the dirtier the better :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner