Wednesday, July 13, 2011

On the Count of 3...


As a kid I could never jump out of a swing...all of my friends could.  I was too scared.  I would tell myself, "okay, on the count of 3, I will jump." One, two, three...I am still still in the swing!  Would that make me a "scaredy-cat?"

I don't think it makes me scared...just unsure and comfortable with what I already know. 

There are a lot of things in life we are not sure of.  We may be nervous and scared or just plain don't want to do it.  Granted there are things, in my opinion,  that are dangerous as well as scary  Like the "drop swing thing" at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno.  I won't do that...not a chance.  I would be up there and never pull the cord.  I would get really good at counting to three though. 

Are there any things that you can't get past the count of three on?  I have decided that some things are worth taking a risk.  Even though I may not think something is for me, maybe I should try, you never know.  Instead of getting stuck in my routine, I need to try "counting" into some new things. 

So here we go...one, two, three...

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner