Friday, July 29, 2011

Almost Doesn't Count in Horseshoes!


How many times do we say "Almost?"  I almost got it, I'm almost ready, I'm almost there....It makes me think about the reward we have when we MAKE it!

Almost means very nearly, but not exactly or entirely.  I think of it as "not quite."  When we play horseshoes, a shoe thrown close, but not close enough, doesn't get the point.  So practice, perseverance and determination is needed to overcome the "almost" point.  You can't win the game with "almost" points.

The game is fun whether or not you win or lose, but the challenge of earning those points is what keeps us going. It is the same with most things we do in life. 

With school, careers, family, projects and activities I know I don't want to just "almost" succeed in everything.  I want want to do my best and try to get entirely, exactly where I want and need to be.  That doesn't mean I always have to be the best or win, it just means I have to do my best and put forth the extra effort. 

Here's to you and giving it your best shot and getting past those "Almost" moments in life.  We want to be able to say we lived life...not we "Almost" lived life!  Score those points!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner