Monday, July 18, 2011

Then There Were Four....


Another camping trip has come and gone...whew!  So much fun and now loads of laundry to do!  We took our annual "cousin" picture...but it was different this year...we were missing one...Nick was already back in Nebraska. Alex will be leaving for college this summer and Mandy the next.  Seth and Hayley will be soon to follow.  I am very thankful for the years we have had with the cousins together!

Don't think that the four of them can't find fun...they had plenty.  I lost count on the number of marshmallows roasted.  We even tried a new delicacy...roasted Starbursts...not too bad I would add.

There was more than enough food, plenty of laughter and a lot of stories.  It is funny how the simple things can be so fun.

It is my wish that these cousins will look back on these years of camping and cherish the times they had together.  I hope they will want to continue this with their families.  What a blessing family is...I am forever thankful for my wonderful family! 

"The smell of pine trees, the campfire glowing, the marshmallows cooking, and the breath of crisp cool air are some great things I like about camping but my favorite one of all is camping underneath the stars with lights so brilliant it brightens up the deep blue sky making you feel a sense of peace and tranquility amid the great outdoors."


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner