Friday, July 1, 2011

Diary of a City Mom - Part 6 - "Leaving is Hard!"


These are just some of my 31 girls...I have been their "city mom" for a week now. I am coming home today.  I have only had about 20 hours of sleep in five days, my feet hurt and my dorm bed isn't the most comfortable I have ever slept on....I am excited to be home, but it is hard to leave.

In this short time I have become so connected with these amazing young women. They are from all over...  They have varied personalities, skills, interests, looks, backgrounds and dreams...but they are all so genuine and special!  I will miss them!

It's been fun having 31 girls call me "Mama Val".  I have been able to truly take care of them as their moms would.  Some really miss home, I got to be there for them.

I watched my city group form, girls find and accept their roles, friendships being formed and the group supporting one another through the difficult Girls State schedule.

So now I go home, back to a "Country Mom", but will forever cherish my experience ans a "City Mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner