Friday, July 8, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?


I was going through an old folder yesterday and this picture fell out.  Still bright with color, the paper in good shape...but drawn almost 15 years ago.  I'm not sure where all of that time went. The picture made me smile and almost cry all at the same time.

I reminisced a little thinking back to the day my son was young and he really needed his mom!  Sometimes I wish I could get those days back.  The sweet little voice and innocent laughter, the hugs I received without asking, the bedtime stories, the funny little jokes and all of the action figures on the floor!  Each stage has been a lot of fun and has provided a lot of cherished memories.

I tell him he will "always be my baby"...not so sure how he feels about that.   He is getting ready to go back to college here soon.  The time he is home in the summer goes way too fast.  I think this summer is hitting me harder because it may be the last summer he is home. I tell him it is bittersweet...I want him home, I miss him when he is gone.  On the other hand I am so comforted knowing how happy he is.  He loves where he lives, his school, his friends and he is achieving his goals.  Nothing could make a mother prouder.

I received another picture from him at Christmas.  He took a painting class in college and I was the recipient of one of his paintings. I think I will hang the two of them together!

The trick is growing up without growing old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner