Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy 110 Nana!



Today would be Nana's birthday.  Zereda Fine Jensen was born in 1902 and passed away in 1996 at the age of 93.  Her life was an example we can all live by. Today She would have been 110 years old.

I had the privelege of marrying into Nana's family.  Although I only had 13 years with her in my life, I learned so much.  She was smart, she was funny, she knew what she believed, she stood firm on what she believed, she was stubborn and she knew everything that was going on around her.  She earned the nickname "Radar" from my father-in-law, nothing could get by Nana.

She grew up in our small valley, attended college and became a teacher of one room schoolhouses. She loved to cut wood, garden, be involved in community activities, stay involved with the ranch and be with her family.  She was highly respected in our community.  She stayed up on politics and important community issues.  Everyone may not have agreed with her opinion, but they truly respected it.  My husband has endless memories of his time with Nana.

I thank Nana for teaching me so much.  Her example of standing for what you believe in provides a lot of motivation in my life. She would never complain about something she wasn't willing to get involved in. Things were very black and white to her and she knew how to work hard to get things done. 

Happy Birthday Nana!  We love you and miss you and thank you for the influence you have been in our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner