Monday, May 14, 2012

Fix It Again Tony



It looked like Kermit the Frog. It was the cutest thing this 16 year old had ever seen. Bright green, two seats and convertible, what more would a teenage girl want? I had to have it. My Fiat X19. I used my own money and it was mine. I even got custom plates, “VALSX19”. It didn’t take me long to learn cute doesn’t always mean it runs well…point well taken.

I am part Italian, so I can say “Fix It Again, Tony” is a great description of the car. I was on my way home from a speech contest one night and found out it didn’t do well in the snow at all. About a quarter mile from my house, I spun off of the road. I proceeded to get out in my dress and pumps and kick the tire. It must have been then that my car decided to fall apart. Just about everything that could go wrong with it did, and eventually it needed a new engine.

I was thinking about that car the other day and it sparked the list of car acronyms I had learned years ago. If anyone has ever seen Williams and Ree, The Indian and the White Guy, you have heard some of these. In hopes not to offend anyone and in good humor, I present this list…

BUICK…Big, Ugly, Indestructible Car
CHEVY…Can Hear Every Valve Yell
DODGE…Darn Old Dirty Gas Eater
FORD…Found on Road Dead
GM…General Maintenance
GMC…Gotta Mechanic Coming?
GTO…Gas, Tires, Oil
HONDA…Hang on, Not Done Accelerating
JEEP…Just Empty Every Pocket
PINTO…Put Nickel in to Operate
PORSCHE…Proof of Rich Spoiled Children Having Everything
TOYOTA…Too often Yankees Overprice this Auto
VOLVO…Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
VW…Virtually Worthless

There are more. My husband is a Chevy guy, so he has many for Fords. In our family now there are two three Chevy’s and a Subaru…no Fiats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner