Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Yes, I Cried...


It was the 7th inning and a lump began to form in my throat. My eyes started to water and I couldn't make it stop. This was the last inning of the last sport my daughter would play in high school.

We have had the pleasure and pure joy of watching her play 3 sports for 4 years. Twelve seasons of sports...and it is now officially over. Yes, I cried.

After the game was over, I hugged her and she cried with me. I told her how proud I was of her, how much joy she had given us throughout the years and how much I would miss this part of her life. 

It is so bittersweet. She is an amazing girl and an amazing athlete who has always worked hard and been a good team player. I am sad because it is over, but I am happy for her and the experiences she has had. The lessons she has learned from athletics are valuable and she will use them in many parts of her life. 

The picture I posted at the top of the page was one of the first years of softball for her...she became an amazing player....

Here is one of the last pictures....

Thank you sweetie for the privilege of watching you play, grow and become the amazing person you are! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner