Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Filling Time

What do you do when you have time to fill? I am about 30 miles from home and have already had two meetings in this neighboring town. I have another meeting in about and hour.

The dilemma....the last meeting got over about 3:00...next meeting 6:00. Do I drive the 30 miles home just to turn around and drive it again. No, not at fuel over $4 a gallon.

Next dilemma... There is not a lot to do in this small town. No shopping mall...no movies on the weekdays and the lady I was going to take a walk with wasn't home.

So what did I do?

I got groceries, I went by an office to schedule an appointment, I washed and vacuumed my car, I went by the insurance office to work on some rates, I bought a newspaper....

No I sit in the conference room where my meeting will take place...I brought laptop, notes for articles that need to be written and my reading material.

I saved gas and I filled my time with things that needed to be done... I even left dinner in the crockpot for the fully at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner