Thursday, March 29, 2012

O Lilly


I chased her into the bedroom, she ran to the living room. I chased her from the living room to the family room, she went back into the bedroom. This circle went several cycles before I got smart. I chased her into the bedroom and closed the door. Sooner or later I would catche her, she wasn't getting out of the bedroom!

Success! I caught her and she knew exactly why she was in trouble. Just minutes before Nana was in the kitchen working at the counter, Lilly decided to jump up on the counter and watch. She knows she is not "allowed" there. She loves to test boundaries and push buttons. She has been this way since she was a kitten.

Lilly is about 10 months old and I have a love-hate relationship with her. I often say she is not the brightest bulb in the box, but I think the opposite is the problem. She is too smart for her own good and she loves to push my buttons.

A couple of weeks ago, she jumped on the counter and my husband caught her. He grabbed her and put her head under the sink and turned on the faucet. Most cats would go nuts. Not Lilly! She remained completely still and let the water run over her head. 

Lilly is a hunter in every sense of the word. Our lawn looks like a killing field. She is in heaven living on a ranch. We literally see her with 10 rodents every day and a couple of birds. Problem is she doesn't eat ALL of them and she leaves them on the lawn. The ones she does eat, she leaves a few unpleasant remains on the door mat. 

Last week, she put a dead mouse in my husband's boot!

I could write an entire book about Lilly and her adventures. Her personality doesn't stop. What I am wondering is what I am going to do when my daughter leaves and doesn't take her cat to college!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, we had a cat named Lily and this one could pass for her litter mate. Ours was so badly behaved that we had to put her outside. We've only seen her a few times since then, but she was a wild cat when my husband acquired her. She seems to have several generations now...not sure how that happened? One of them, I think, is the cat named Duece, who comes to visit us. He's a weekly visitor and huge.

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner