Thursday, March 15, 2012

Old Eye


I have joined the club...the "Old Eye" club. As I sat down to write my blog today, I didn't have my glasses on and I could barely see the screen! I put my glasses on and I am still having trouble focusing.

I finally gave in a few months ago when I literally could NOT read the directions on a medicine bottle. I held it out as far as my arm would allow...I still couldn't see it!

When I saw the eye doctor, he said it is "normal" to experience this after 40, I made it to 45. Not only did I need glasses for reading, one of my eyes was working harder than the other. So I got "progressive" lenses. It is amazing, I can actually see. 

I don't even bother picking up a box or bottle with instructions without my glasses on. Why do they make the print so tiny on these packages? 

So, since my arms weren't going to grow longer and the print on the packages wasn't going to be made any bigger...I needed to accept the fact I needed glasses. It is ironic, when I was young, I wanted glasses, but didn't need them. 

The "Old Eye" club isn't so bad...I am sure I will have more of my friends joining me sooner or later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner