Tuesday, March 20, 2012

There Really Are No Excuses..To Eat Healthy!


Not too long ago I would have said let's just get a pizza tonite because I didn't know what to cook. 

That is the old me...the new me has a plan and isn't willing to take backwards steps. This afternoon I didn't know what I wanted to cook. That was easily solved by a quick scan of my bookmarked websites and Pinterest. There really are no excuses for making great food. 

"Back in the day" recipes required a cookbook, recipe box or slips of papers tucked away in the drawer. Now it is easy. Yesterday I had a head of cabbage I wanted to use, so I searched "healthy cabbage recipes" and came up with a great apple and cabbage salad at http://allrecipes.com/

Apple and Cabbage Slaw

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 2 cups shredded red cabbage
  • 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and chopped
  • 3 tablespoons minced onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

  1. In a salad bowl, combine and whisk together the yogurt, sour cream and honey. Refrigerate until chilled.
  2. Add the cabbage, apple, onion, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve chilled.


Speaking of apples....I needed a recipe to use a bag of bruised apples...not too hard to find at Yummly.com 

2 cups apples (peeled and shredded = 2 small)
112 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
23 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
112 tsps baking powder
12 tsp baking soda
12 tsp salt
12 tsp cinnamon
12 cup milk
2 tbsps vegetable oil
Cook for 15-18 minutes at 375 or until finished (use a toothpick as always!).
Here are few really good recipe sites.....

http://www.thatsmyhome.com/healthy/weight-watchers/main/



If you have ingredients and don't know what to make, try this website...


http://www.kitchenpc.com/home.html 

So here's a start for you...more will follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner