Friday, March 30, 2012

Here's to Being a Kid at Heart


"Act Old Later"

That inscription was on a pencil my friend gave me the other day...what good advice. We have plenty of time to be "old". Being a kid at heart is not such a bad thing.

My good friend is an example of that everyday. A lot can be learned from watching the way she approaches life.

When on our walk this morning, she stopped to admire a brilliant display of color on the wet road. It was a spot of oil that made a beautiful rainbow on the pavement. I would have walked right on by. "Small things amuse me," she said. 

I had to chuckle as I thought back on some of her favorite things to do while we walk. A frozen puddle is her favorite...even in it means getting off of our walking path so she can go break it.

She old of another day she went on a hike and couldn't resist rolling rocks. How many puddles and rocks do you walk by?

A card isn't complete unless she puts something in it...usually confetti. I can't count the number of times I have opened a card from her in my car and confetti spills everywhere...I just laugh.

Thanks dear friend...for keeping me young!

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional!

1 comment:

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner