Monday, April 2, 2012

Honey & Peanut



This wasn't my planned blog today, but as I was importing old pictures, I ran across these two. It took me way back to when my "Honey" and "Peanut" were young! They are teenagers now...and great kids...but I miss those days!

Meet Seth - Honey and Hayley - Peanut, my nephew and niece. I can't even count the number of times they have come to visit and the adventures that came along with it. My sister and her family moved from our town when Seth was small. Honey and Peanut have an older brother, Alex. ( I will save his story for another time!) 

They were given their nicknames as toddlers. I still sometimes call them by those affectionate names...although I am not sure if they appreciate it! Seth was just such a "Honey", the sweetest boy ever. So we starting calling each other "Honey". Hayley was a tiny little thing, so she earned the name "Peanut". We would always sing the "Found a Peanut" song to her. She especially liked the "it was rotten" part. 

We always can count on the family coming and helping on branding days and everyone has a job.   Seth really likes anything to do with the ranch and animals. Hayley would do anything if I told her there would be candy afterwards.  The memories we have made over the years have been great!

It is hard to believe they are all grown up. Looking at these pictures reminded me of how amazing it has been to share so many family times. Branding time is coming soon and it is good to know we have a few more years with Honey and Peanut to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner