Thursday, April 19, 2012

One Year!


Have you ever had something you want to do and you put it off? You have an idea but it seems to hard? Do other things come ahead of something you truly have a heart for?

That was me. I had always wanted to write a blog. I'm not sure why, other than I enjoy writing and it is a relaxing thing for me to do. I thought about it a lot. One day I was reading a blog that a friend wrote, it was more of a personal journal. That's when I thought, why not? I asked her what site she used and got some great input.

I started playing around with designs and ideas and just went for it. I wrote my first Blue Skies blog on April 16, 2011. I missed my own "Blog Anniversary" because I was traveling. I have missed a few days from trying to catch up at home. When I sat down to write today (this wasn't what my blog was going to be today) I realized I have been steadily doing this for a full year! I have written 311 posts on this site and another 87 on Good Blogs. (Take a peek at those if you have time.) That's 398 posts in a year!

I told myself when I started I wanted to be consistent. I have missed a few days here and there for various reasons...writer's block, being away from home, other priorities, etc.  For the most part though, I have written almost everyday! I have made it a part of my routine and I love it!

So, if you have something you have always wanted to do...what is stopping you? Go for it! You will be amazed how much it will do for you and the other parts of your life! 

Here's to another year of Blue Skies!  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner