Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Playlist


My playlist might sound a little like it belongs on this old Walkman! If you are listening to my music you may not be able to figure out just who it belongs to. It is no longer recorded on cassette tapes or burned onto a CD...the list is in my phone and goes with me anywhere. 

I can plug it into my car, I can plug it into the speakers in the house or I can take it with me. My music is always with me...but what does my playlist tell you about me?

Today, as I was jogging, I listened to AC/DC, Aerosmith, Bad Company, and  Bon Jovi. That might lead one to believe I am a "rocker". Not really. I just really like the rock music from the 80's...that should tell you I graduated high school in the 80's! My playlist also inlcudes Huey Lewis, Night Ranger, Foreigner, Journey, Def Leppard and more of those 80's bands.

My 80's likes don't just include the rock bands...You can also find Simple Minds, Men Without Hats, Tears for Fears and a few of those alternative bands. (Not as many as you would find on my sister's playlist.) That would tell you I graduated early to mid 80's and my sister was more late 80's.

That's not all...After I jogged along to a few 80's rock songs, the beat changed a little...to The Beatles and Johnny Cash. I love the music of the past. There is something about The Beatles and Johnny Cash I love. They are different, yet similar. I think it is the nostalgia part I like most. 

It doesn't stop there. About 5 or 6 songs into the list Brad Paisley and Jason Aldean make an entrance. Country music is my staple. I love country music and it is what I usually listen to. This shows how I can change. Growing up I did not like country music at all. Then once I got into college that changed. Now it is a favorite, old country, new country...all of it! 

To round out my playlist you will find a lot of Third Day, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me and other worship music. I can't live without this music. I even have some old hymns. What does this say about me? It proclaims my faith and shows what is at the center of my life.

What you won't find on my playlist is rap...that I can live without. The rest of it though, rounds out who I am and tells my story along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner