Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Nick!


It's hard to believe that 21 years have gone by. I remember so clearly the day we found out we were going to have our first child. The day he was born is as clear now as yesterday is...but that was 21 years ago...

We didn't know we were having a boy, that was a surprise. We were really convinced we were having a girl. He was a BIG baby boy that the nurse thought we should name "Bubba". 

He was a lively baby and and even busier toddler. As a young boy he kept us on our toes and liked to be involved in everything he could. 

In high school, we loved to watch him play sports. He loved to hunt and fish and he was always so much help on the ranch.

The day he left for college was hard on this mom. We dropped him off in Nebraska and I think I cried all the way across the states of Nebraska, Wyoming and Utah! It was hard to let him go...but he was ready.

He is a grown up man, but he is still my baby and always will be. As a mom, I am very proud of the man that he has become. 

I think I am getting the best present of his birthday...I get to go see him! So I am Nebraska bound to see my son...Happy Birthday Nick! You are a true gift to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner