Friday, April 20, 2012

Deciding To Care


"It's Impossible", said Pride
"It's Risky", said Experience
"It's Pointless", said Reason
"Give it a Try!" Whispered the Heart

"What did it take to make you turn that corner?" She asked.  "I decided to care again!" This was the response of a lady I know who lost over 100 pounds...and I agree 100%.

For years, I have known I need to get healthy. I knew I was traveling down a road of destruction when it came to my health. Not so much overeating, but wrong choices. I didn't exercise, I always was "TOO BUSY". I knew in my heart that I was becoming overweight and unhealthy.

I had never had any issues with weight until after I had children. I have been on a zillion diets and have yo-yoed up and down. I would say, "I will start Monday" and it would never happen. Putting it off week to week led to month to month and year to year. The result was being heavier and more unhealthy each year. 

Finally, at the beginning of this year, my husband and I both decided it was time for a change. A very drastic change. I decided to care about myself. It's not about a number of the scale or how I look. It is about how I feel and about how my health is. I didn't want to continue to contribute to  the possibly of poor health conditions.

I feel so much better. This time is was all for the right reasons. It is about my well-being. Instead of a quick fix, it is about lifestyle changes. Exercise is a part of my everyday. Food choices are good ones. The things I know that are bad for me...they are not even in the house! I know what it takes and I am committed to do it. I am using common sense.

I took a trip last weekend and cheated a little. My old mentality would have said "You have already cheated today...just go for it the rest of the day." My whole thought process is different. Now if I choose to have a "treat", that is it. I get right back on track. I don't have to completely fall. 

I am about 16 weeks into my journey and have lost 48.6 pounds. My walking partner and I have logged well over 300 miles. We go to exercise class. We support each when we feel week and we hold each other accountable. We encourage and motivate each other and a whole group of friends.

You have to want it for yourself, you have to care....that is what made me decide to change. My journey continues as a lifetime process...

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have already lost 49 pounds?!~ That is amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner