Monday, April 16, 2012

The Good Life

"The Good Life", That's the slogan on the Welcome to Nebraska sign. It is very accurate. It is a good life out here...every time I come out here that is reinforced.

Good people, good times, and good memories. It is always hard for me to leave.

This trip didn't disappoint...I met new people, spent time with a good friend, experienced tornado warnings and a big storm, watched spring football, took my son grocery and birthday shopping, and most importantly got to spend time with with my 21 year old son!

I always feel so lucky to get to come out here.

As I venture home, it is clear people have a different perception of what the "good life" is. Once again I am in the Las Vegas airport where many think they are living the good life! I hope not to offend anyone when I say I don't really care for this place. The people are all in a big hurry, not nearly as many friendly faces and the airport just feels empty...even though it is very full.

I guess this is a good way to look at how one's idea of what is good in life can vary.

I, for one, appreciate simplicity, genuine people, a friendly smile and an appreciation for the many blessings presented each day.

Whatever your "good life" many be, I wish you many blessings, much happiness and a chance to live, love and laugh in each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner