Friday, April 13, 2012

In the Air



My routine is down pat for flying. I have learned all of the tricks and flying is an easy process.

At this moment I am sitting by the window of a Southwest jet in the first flight on my trip. We will land in Las Vegas in about and hour, then it is on to Omaha.

My favorite part of flying now is people watching. There is one of every type. Behind me sits a grandma with her two small grandchildren. I don't think the kids have ever flown before. They are pretty excited and pretty noisy. They want to use the restroom...just because. They want to turn on the lights and air... Just because.

In front of me the young guy with HUGE headphones playing on his phone.

Next to me the lady who hasn't said a word since I said Good Morning.

In the airport was an entire medical staff...a male doctor and all of his female staff on their way "somewhere"...sounded like a convention of some sort.

There was the dad with two teenage daughters, the two ladies in business suits and the two Army men.

Then there was the guy that stood in line to board about 30 minutes before boarding was called. He was the first on the plane.

I always wonder where everyone is going. I would tell them all my story...if they would listen! It just seems it is hard to find people who want to visit anymore.

As it turned out, I struck up a conversation with the lady next to me and we had so much in common. We talked the rest of the flight!

After changing planes in Vegas...a crazy, busy airport...I boarded a full plane. I was planning on napping, but ended up sitting next to two individuals that liked talking about their kids as much as I do!

The flights were good, all except for a
Very rough landing in Omaha. I am here, safe and sound. I am one lucky mom...able to leave home and 4 hours later be in Nebraska to visit my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner