Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Didn't Do It....


One, two, three, four, five! Wow! Five bounces without falling off. Grab the crayon, write the number on the wall. Let's try it again. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven....record it in blue on the wall. It went on for a while. Long enough to cover a big portion of the bedroom wall. It didn't seem like it was any big deal. It actually looked pretty good on the wall...I liked it...my mom didn't!

I was about 4 years old and had just learned how to write numbers and was working on letters. I was minding my own business in my room. I was playing a bouncing game and was keeping track of my progress. All was well, until my mom decided to check in on me.

You guessed it, she was mad. "I didn't do it," I told her. "Chrissy did it!" The only problem with that was, Chrissy was my baby sister. She couldn't sit up or walk, much less write numbers on the wall. I was in trouble, but then I was in more trouble for lying than the writing on the wall!

You would have thought I learned my lesson. Not exactly. A few months later I had learned how to write my name. I loved to write my name. V-A-L-E-R-I-E it looked so neat. I loved to write it everywhere...even the window sill. I didn't just write it, I CARVED it with a key in the window sill. It looked good. 

It didn't take long for my mom to find it...you guessed it, I was in trouble again! Well, the good news is I didn't blame it on my baby sister. The bad news, I blamed it on my friend that lived an hour away! To top it off, my friend hadn't been at our house in months!

You guessed it again...I was in more trouble for lying than the carving. This time I learned my lesson.

Placing blame didn't work, lying didn't work...especially when the writing was on the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner