Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another Baby in the House...

I wasn't quite ready for this...I thought my children were grown....No, not a human baby!  A feline baby! Yep, we have a kitten.  It is supposed to be my daughter's kitten.  The problem is my daughter is rarely home, therefore I take care of the kitten. I was not prepared for this...it is like having a baby around!

Lilly is her name, and crying is her game....she loves to meow...over everything.  She is cute, but cute only goes so far.

She is spoiled, just like most babies.  She is picky about her food, she wants a lot of attention and she doesn't sleep during our sleep hours.  She doesn't walk anywhere, she runs.  She is into everything and nothing in the house is safe.  She DOES know how to use a litterbox though, so we have had no accidents.  I am just waiting for the day she becomes like every other cat we have owned and "goes" outside and doesn't need a litterbox.

I think the thing I am having the hardest time with is her claws.  She doesn't know how to keep them in. I can be sitting here at my computer and out of no where she will jump with four sets of claws extended onto my back...ouch!  

She loves it outside, the trouble is we are still getting the "cat chasing" dogs used to her.  So far, she doesn't seem afraid of them, so we figure if she doesn't run from them, maybe they won't chase her. 

I love Lilly, she is adorable, but I really can't wait for her to get out of the kitten stage and turn into a  LAZY cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner