Thursday, July 14, 2011

Camping Here I Come!


Lawn mowed...check. Laundry done...check. Trailer clean...check. House basically in order, trash out...check. Ingredients for S'Mores in trailer...check!

I am beyond excited...it is time to camp!  First cutting is done and we get to take our one small break in the summer.  It has become tradition to go to Lake Almanor with my sister an her family each summer.  It is one of my favorite things to do!

We get a chance to relax, catch up with each other and leave our worries behind.  I wear no watch and don't operate on a schedule. 

Over the years things have changed, as the kids have grown up.  There is less watching to make sure the kids aren't falling in the campfire and more of spending time chatting around the campfire.  It is a much needed break and chance to catch up and see how everyone is doing.

We don't get to take a lot of time in the summer, so these few days are precious.  It is a big reminder that no matter how busy things get, it is important to take time for relaxing and family.

My posts, if any, will be short.  I will only have the use of my IPhone....but know I am thinking about you all!

Hopefully there will be some good camping stories to come out of this trip...until then, I'll roast a marshmallow for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner