Saturday, September 24, 2011

If You Live in Nebraska...You Better Like Red!


I forgot how much I like this place.  Every time we come to visit I am reminded of why I enjoy it so much. We are in Fremont, northwest of Omaha, a long way from out northeastern California home. The great thing is, it feels like home here.  

This is the third year we have been coming out here.  It really reminds me of our rural home.  There is agriculture and open ground as far as you can see.  There are thousands of acres of corn and soybeans.  It is really a beautiful place.

The best part is the people.  I have never met more genuine and nice people in my life. We have made some very special friends and always look forward to seeing them.  We keep in touch throughout the year and have established great friendships.

When we arrived yesterday, we got to take our son and some of his friends out to dinner.  This included two offensive lineman, a defensive player and our fullback son...we didn't eat salads!  What a great time and great young men.

Grocery shopping for our son was next.  That is always fun.  He is a good shopper, he learned a lot from his mom...comparing prices, quantities and value. He doesn't buy junk food, we had no cookies, candy, chips or soda in the shopping cart.

This is a great place. The town is just the right size with everything you need and a great old town with cute  shops perfect for "mom" shopping. Omaha is only 30 minutes away for the "big city" fix.


I will say though, I have never seen more red in my life.  These people are passionate about Cornhusker football.  People drive red cars, wear red clothes and proudly display the colors of their state team.  If you live in Nebraska, you better like red!



No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner