Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Take Some Time to Watch the Leaves Turn


Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.  ~Stanley Horowitz


Fall is in the air.  The mornings are brisk, the leaves are turning and the harvest is abundant.  Fall is a beautiful season and one of my favorites.

I am an "off season" person.  I love the spring and the fall, but I would have to say fall is my favorite.

Why?  So many reasons. I was born in the fall and I was married in the fall.  Some of my favorite sports are in the fall, football and volleyball. Mostly, fall symbolizes a time to start slowing down.

Life gets pretty crazy sometimes.  During the spring and summer, life kicks into high gear. It is when fall edges around the corner that I start to feel a sense of peace and feel like it is okay to relax a little.

It's a feeling that is hard to explain, but I can definitely feel it.  When I watch the colors turn, feel the change in temperature and hear a football game on television...I am happy.

Welcome fall! I am happy you are here...take some time to watch the leaves turn, slow down and enjoy the beautiful canvas that God has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner