Friday, September 23, 2011

I Woke Up in Nevada...Will Go to Sleep in Nebraska


I woke up at 4:00 am in Reno, Nevada.  It is now 4:00 pm central time and I am in Nebraska.  Two airports later I am 1700 miles away from home...and I couldn't be happier!

We left last night and made the 3 hour trip to Reno so we could be there for our 6:00 am flight.  Traveling is not easy, but it is definitely getting easier. We know the routine and we have our packing down to a science.  We are prepared with our 3 ounce liquids in a zip loc bags, we have learned to wear shoes that are easy to take off and on and we know what things will slow us down in the security line.  

I actually feel like a pro at the flying thing.  Today, was a busy day at the Reno airport.  I couldn't imagine where all of those people were going at 6:00 in the morning. There were a lot of "rookie" passengers...not prepared with their zip locs, laptops still in their bags and forgetting to take off their sweatshirts and jackets. 

In Phoenix, the crowd wasn't any smaller.  Our flight from Phoenix to Omaha was full.  I had to wonder why all of those people were going to Omaha.  The flight was uneventful for the most part...Until I thought we hit a deer in the air! I was sound asleep and was promptly awakened by a jolt that felt like the plane was break in half.  Not sure what that was all about...but it sure woke me up!

I have to laugh at all of the people that push the limit on the rules of travel. Suitcases that are HUGE and being carried on, passengers needing to be told to turn off phones and put up tray tables after the announcement was made and people just thinking rules do not apply to them. I am a "rule person", I follow rules, so I guess I notice when others don't.

All in all, I am so thankful for our safe trip and happy to now be in Nebraska...eagerly awaiting for our son to get done with football practice so we can see him.  

It is a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner