Monday, September 19, 2011

Do You Like My Hat?


What are you looking at?  Do you not like my hat?  This walk today is pretty long.  I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have made this walk.  Back and forth...back and forth.  I always seem to be bringing up the tail end too.  I guess I'm not a spring chicken anymore. It is worth it though.  The rancher always takes us to a nice new green field just about the time we are running out of pasture.

I have plenty of excuses for being slow.  I have been down this road before, so why do I need to get in a hurry.  The grass will still be there when I get there.  The thing these young cows forget, is that the rancher holds is in the corner before he lets us in the field.  So it doesn't really matter who gets there first, we all get let in at the same time.

Besides, I am getting older, I have had a lot of calves and a couple of sets of twins in my day! You should try raising two calves at once...there is no time to rest!

As for my hat...I picked this up along the way.  It fits on my horns perfectly.  It provides lots of shade and I think it looks pretty good!

Enough jibber-jabber, it is time to head out and get a bite of this fresh green grass then go take a nice rest and chew my cud under the big oak tree.  There I will sit and all of the rest of the cows will surely be jealous of my hat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner