Wednesday, June 22, 2011

When I Works....Lessons from Grandpa


This is me lately...too much thinking is making me tired.  Does our brain get the summer off? Oh how I wish! 

My grandpa has had this plaque in his office as far back as I can remember.  I have always thought it was funny!  The ironic part is that my grandpa has never done anything without 100% effort and seldom does he fall asleep unless the task is done!

I saw this plaque still hanging in his small home office.  It brought back some pretty great memories!

As a child my grandpa would let me pretend to be a secretary in his office.  He was an electrical contractor and had a big office.  (At least when I was small it looked pretty big to me then!) I would get to answer the phone occasionally (when I was older), "Good afternoon, Modern Electric!"  I felt so important.  I would usually sit at my nana's desk and type on the old manual typewriter.  I would type anything, copy papers that were on the desk, memos to grandpa, anything to "look" busy.  Occasionally I got to sit at grandpa's BIG desk!

I think back on those times and I am full of great memories.  My grandpa let me do things and feel important. I truly believe that has helped me my whole life through. Because of grandpa...I believe "I Works" pretty hard!

         Always give a hundred percent, and you'll never have to second-guess yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner