Sunday, June 26, 2011

Diary of a City Mom - Day 1


Day One was travel day on my way to be a "City Mom"  So far I haven't got that city thing going.  A few interesting thoughts and experiences from the day deserve mention!

-First of all, what is wrong with people?  Can't they tell you are trying to move over if they would just give you a chance. When they slink by you on the right and snake back it before you even have a chance to pull over..Patience!

-Cindy, if you are reading...I used cruise control...I know I became a conformist, but I had to, otherwise I would have been going 80 mph like the rest of the traffic and I would have been the one to get a ticket!  I called and told my husband, I think he was at a loss for words...I don't like cruise control.  I like to be in control!

-I found out just how much stuff you can fit in the trunk of a Chevy Malibu.  Four females bring a lot of stuff, four suitcases, and more! If there would have been one more pair of shoes, it would not have closed!

-I stopped along the way and bought a California road map.  I have OnStar and the Garmin, but I really wanted to look at a real map.  My daughter was fascinated. She had the map open and couldn't believe how far it is from Fall River Mills to Los Angeles.  I think the map kept her occupied for at least 15 minutes!  I tried to explain how we used to always have to go by a map, we had no navigation systems!

-How many bikes can you strap on a Ford Explorer?...try six and a ladder.   The guy didn't use cruise control he passed and re-passed me for hours!

-Did you know there is a town in California called "Buttonwillow?"  There is, we stayed the night there...probably won't again!  We did get a good night's sleep though despite the room with a broken air conditioner!

We have already made memories! Today is the big day, the start of the conference. I will keep you posted!
This country mom is now a city mom, at least for the next week!

Why not go out on a limb?  Isn't that where the fruit is?  ~Frank Scully

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner