Friday, June 10, 2011

Ode to Axee


I will probably get in trouble for this one...but I can't resist...

I very clearly remember the day my 10 pound nephew was born. I get to be an aunt!  My son would have a cousin to play with!  I could only imagine all of the fun to come. Fun doesn't begin to describe what my nephew and my son had as youngsters...more like mischief! They were adorable, that's for sure.  We soon learned we needed to keep a pretty close eye on them.

"Axee", as he called himself when he was little, thought it was pretty fun to do whatever big cousin told him to do.  Axee was no slacker himself and came up wit a lot of "fun" ideas.  Between the two of them there was never a dull moment. Like the time we were in Lodi visiting great-grandparents and the boys decided to have an "Orange Sale".  They walked the block shouting, "Oranges, oranges for sale!"  Problem was they took all the oranges off of the neighbors tree.  Or the time they thought my house needed to be painted, with a can of fluorescent paint!  There were ninja battles, tree fort meetings, camping trips and weekend visits.  The one thing we were all trained for...when it got quiet, we better find the boys!  They also had this very distinctive laugh that we only heard when "something" was up.

I was sad the day my sister told me they were moving.  I wouldn't get to see them near as often.  Turns out, it may have been a good thing, the boys weren't in high school together!  (I really would have rather them stayed!)

Well, those days are gone, but the memories are there.  They have grown into wonderful young men.  Axee, Alex, is graduating from high school tonight.  I don't know where the time has gone.  I just wanted to say, "I am very proud of you Alex, you are an amazing person.  You have worked hard and you are being rewarded with a great opportunity. We know you will succeed in whatever you do.  We love you very much and look forward to watching you in your future! We will always cherish the memories of you all growing up.  Congratulations!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner