Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Whoa!


Forget the whole logic of young girls in red sports cars are the ones who drive crazy and speed.  I have proof to the contrary!  Be on the watchout for old(er) women driving neutral color mid sized sedans!  I will define old by saying my age or older as to not offend anyone.  Seriously, though, I had quite a day watching this "type" of driver.

I had to take my daughter down the hill for a doctor appointment today.  Generally it is a pretty uneventful drive.  Although, I do caution my kids to always watch out for the other driver.  Some people get in a pretty big hurry and pass in bad spots.  The speed limit through these mountain roads is 55 mph.  I was traveling along at about 60 mph, following a pickup.  My daughter was asleep in the passenger seat.  We were climbing the big side of the mountain, just coming out of a corner. There is a wide spot on the one side.  I happened to look in my rear view mirror and saw a silver sedan coming up VERY fast.  It wasn't clear to pass, so I was just starting to move over thinkng the driver wasn't going to slow down and was trying to pass.  Suddenly, this car passed me on the right going about 65 mph.  My daughter woke up, as you could hear the car zip by. I said, "Did you see that?"  My daughter said "It must be crazy old lady driver day!"

Whoa! I couldn't believe that just happened.  Then shortly after that, she passed the pickup in front of me in a bad spot.  Funny thing is, this was the second experience like that today.  The first wasn't so bad, but it too was an older lady in a mid-sized car...with a child in the passenger seat!

So where's the "Blue Skies" in this blog...well, I guess it will be a bit of advice.  SLOW DOWN and be sensible when you are driving.  You can cause and accident that may not just involve you.  Maybe slow down a bit, take in the day and give yourself a little extra time.  I don't know what this lady's big hurry was...but it couldn't have been that important, I saw her car at the post office further down the road.

As for the law enforcement patrolling the road...maybe a little focus on mid sized sedans driven by "older" women!  It's not just the young ones in the sports cars.


There is more to life than increasing its speed." Gandhi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner