Tuesday, May 17, 2011

In God's Time

I look at this beautiful oak tree on our ranch and think about how old it might be.  How long has it taken to reach this stature and size.  What started as something so small grew into a mighty oak.  There is no one around that can recollect the growth process of this tree.  It took a lot of time.  In God's eyes, it was a speck of time.

Patience is something I have had to learn to get better at over the years.  So many times when I want something, I want it now.  I want situations to be taken care of in my time....I have learned it doesn't work that way.  A day, week, month, or year can seem like such a long time, too long to wait for something.  I heard a song the other day that reminded me that life doesn't revolve on my clock...things happen in God's time.


In God's time
A million years might only be a single day
And everything He does gets done His own way
In God's time

It might be tomorrow or it might never be
but don't lose faith
Put it in His hands
'Cause it might be that He might have a bigger plan
Than you had in mind
Miracles happen
In God's time

(In God's Time by Randy Houser)

I really listened to those words and thought back on specific situations when things didn't happen on my time table or even happen at all.  Turns out, it was for the best. I often think I know what is best for me and I forget to have faith.  When I push to make something happen instead of waiting for it to happen, 99% of the time it doesn't work out.  Patience. I simply need to have faith and patience and trust that in God's time, things will happen.

Keep praying, but be thankful that God's answers are wiser than your prayers !
William Culbertson


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner