Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I am a Good Cook???


Aunt Marce is the cook of the family.  This is my husband's aunt and she is known by everyone for her great food and organization in the kitchen.  She loves to feed people.  She is very good at it!  I have always been so impressed with everything Aunt Marce makes.

When we branded the other day, Aunt Marce was in town and we asked her to come up when we had lunch.  I had prepared part of the meal the evening before so it was ready to put in the oven.  I left the easier stuff for that day.  I always try to make something that will serve a lot of people and will fill them up.  It's a lot of hard work out there, so we want to feed them right.  

I decided to go with lasagna.  This is a recipe that my mom and grandma make.  It is what my sister and I make. It usually goes over pretty well.  In fact, my daughter has friends that want to come over for dinner when we have lasagna. I like it, but it is the same lasagna I have had my whole life, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. 

Lunch came and went, the lasagna was consumed in large portions by the hungry branders. Everyone went back to work stuffed and I started on the dishes.  Aunt Marce wasn't able to finish her dessert, hmmm, it the family favorite dessert...She had eaten too much lasagna she said. "Honey, that is the best lasagna!

That compliment meant more to me that anyone understands...the family's best cook basically told me that I am a good cook.  That was a great day!  

P.S. I will share the recipe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner