Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Shoes

I was going through some files the other day and found this on the computer.  This is something one of the kids wrote when they were younger.  I enjoyed the perspective so much, I wanted to share.

My shoes are made of leather.
The rubber soles are soft,
But at the same time can be hard to protect my feet.
They are a dull color,
But they are full of style.
My shoes are useful because they take me where I need to go.

My shoes symbolize me, they are smelly.
I, too, am sometimes smelly.
This shows that I am active.
My shoes are on my feet,
which are very active.

Over the years my shoes and me change in size and style.
We are not quite sure of where we are going.
My shoes need to guide me, because I need guidance in my life.
I am my shoes, getting bigger and sometimes lost.
Shoes please show me my way,
Help me get through another day.

I so enjoyed reading this simple poem about shoes!  If shoes could only talk, they could tell so much about the person!


                          If the shoe fits, you’re not allowing for growth. - Robert N Coons


No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner