Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Forever Friends!

"A Friend Loveth at All Times..."  Proverbs 17:17

Think back to the first friend you ever had...When I think back, there are so many memories.  Friends come in all different shapes and sizes. Friends come and go in our lives. Friends hold a special place in our heart always.  I aways remember the song we sang as kids, "Make new friends, but keep the old.  One is silver and the other's gold."

When I was in elementary school I had the best group of friends.  We did everything together. My mom used to wonder how I could spend all day at school with my friends and then come home and want to talk on the phone with them. Sleepovers, birthday slumber parties, friendly spats and sharing secrets describes our unique group.  Imagine how disappointed I was when had to move away from my friends. I had gone through elementary school with these girls and my family was moving after 8th grade graduation.  I was devasted to not get to go to high school with these friends.  They gave me a great send off party and we promised to keep in touch.  Which we did, for a while... 

High School brought about busy schedules, new activities and new friends. Another set of very special friends who captured another part of my heart.  We experienced another part of life together, shared heartaches, college dreams and buying prom dresses together.  Four years went very fast and once again we were all going different ways...

College friends came from everywhere.  Different cities, different backgrounds, different people brought together to share a new life experience.

Adult friends seemed to revolve around what is going on in your life at the time...your kids, sports, community activities and work...

The best part about all of these special people is they each hold a special memory in my heart.  Over the past few years I have been blessed to reconnect with many of my friends from the past. It is so amazing to hear about my elementary school friends and their families. I get the chance to watch children of my high school friends play sports against my kids. I get to share many uniques things with my full circle of friends.

The thing about true friends is you don't have to see them all of the time.  You can go years and still rekindle that special friendship.  When a friendship is built on something true and strong, you always feel the love for that friend.   There are so many of you out there that I haven't seen in a very long time.  Please know that I will always treasure your friendship and have a special place in my heart for you!

"Friendship is the golden thread that ties two hearts together"

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Updates Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner